Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

Hi! So nice of you to stop by and catch up on Jared and his adventures! Jared would love letters! It doesn't have to be much he just likes to have a connection with home and the people he loves! You can e-mail him at jared.nelson@myldsmail.net or he also loves letters in the mail. It is much slower but does get to him in a few weeks. That address is:

Elder Jared Nelson
Argentina Cordoba Mission
Gay Lussac 5270, Villa Gelgrano
Apartado Postal No 49-X5009 ZAA
C.C. 17 Suc 9, Cordoba
ARGENTINA

If you would like to send the letter to me I will forward it on to him. I am going to try and do better at getting him hand written letters on a regular basis so I can just add your letter to mine if you would like. (We e-mail him every week but haven't hand written as much.)


This week I am including his letter too me. I just thought it was fun and shows his personality a little more and some good reminders!
Mamma,

Howdy! Well this week was good. Normal, stress, laughing, fun, all of it. We are finding new investigators and really helping them move forward. It’s hard though ha. I never realized how much friendship is needed in conversion, not just go with the missionaries to a lesson but things on the side in our own time. There is a sister in our ward named Sister Juarez, she has a beautiful family and her husband is from Mexico. Very cool people and I love them so much, she is a great example of friend-shipping outside of Sunday mornings. She visits more less active members than we do weekly. she is always making cards or food or whatever for people just to brighten their day, she is the primary president in the branch is she is amazing, she is very active in making things happen, and she feeds the 4 of us every Sunday after church. She is very good at her food storage and very obedient in many things and I look up to her so much. She is anxiously engaged in a good cause. I want to be like that after my mission, always involved in doing good. It is really what baptizes people, not the missionaries knocking doors, but real friendship. That is something I learned this week. Something funny is my companion from Peru. I am helping him learn English, and he is learning lots of funny little phrases and randomly in his latin accent says, "Are you a fabulous man?" I died because it was so funny. I don’t know why but it killed me, then we also found a sleeping dog in the park and my comp ran up to it and scared the crap out if it, I got it on video, but the dog jumped like a foot in the air. Good stuff. I’m doing good, I love you tons! no package yet, and the music didn’t work for the dvd player I’m trying to play it on, not sure why i guess its just the file, but the files that work are regular mp3. Thanks for everything you’re awesome love you!

Villa Maria is sinking. The river is overflowing and leaking into residential areas, I will send pictures but its nuts. Many houses have water leaking into their houses and streets are full of water. There has been so much rain in the mountains that the dyke has so much water in it and its leaking all over the place. There is a chance that if we receive more rain and more water, this dyke could break and Villa Maria would be flooded with up to 4 meters of water. So let’s hope this dyke stays strong and holds in all the water. That is why we must be prepared for anything. The prophets say we need food storage, with water and food. Many homes have been cut off of electricity and water, so the people need to find their water in other places. But if you’re prepared, need not fear. We have been teaching a lot too, many great people that just fault a little bit to find their testimony. This week was interesting. I was really stressed out for a few days, no idea why, but relying on the Savior and his atonement really helps along with a great fast Sunday! We are working hard with lots of visits. I love this work!

Elder Nelson


 Cereal Argentine style, milk in a bag! 
Catholic cathedral right by our apartmente 



Amphitheater 

Augustina and her brother Ben,
Agustina just got baptized, and I was able
 to confirm her.
It was a few weeks ago, She is way sharp
and loves the Book of Mormon 

Me and Carlitos!
He is a member and lives in and old folks home.
He can't really talk but loves the missionaries so much

Flooded river into the neighborhoods 

Flooded river into the neighborhoods 

Flooded river into the neighborhoods 

Flooded river into the neighborhoods 







A cat we saved from an owl that was about to eat it,
he's chillin' in the bag of my comp 
Me and Elder Owens








No comments:

Post a Comment