Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013


Thanks for the quick update! I love hearing from the family! I’m glad you guys had a fun 4th of July, Elder Petersen and I were at a members house and I was writing the date on something and it was the 5th..and i said Elder! Yesterday was the 4th of July...we totally spaced it, here it’s the 8th of July, so we were all Argentina programmed. ha Well right now in Argentina, the kids are in winter break haha. It’s been so cold the past few days. Makes it hard for clothes to dry! ha It’s weird to me to be in July and be cold haha. This week we saw lots of miracles. On Thursday we fasted to find families. It was a fast that was a bit difficult for me because my body was tired and yall know what happens when I go without food, my body quits working! Haha. I couldn’t focus, and I was kind of complaining a bit, so I went to the roof of my apartment and prayed out loud for help, and what I thought would end in a warm happy feelings of sympathy, I felt more of a slap wakeup call saying Jared, when did this fast and work become about you. It makes me think of John 21, if we love him we will feed his sheep. This work is not about us, it’s about the Lord and his adored sheep that need rescuing! The next day we found many potential families to teach. Such a great blessing! We have been teaching this 19 year old kid named Mauro. He’s cool, he’s really interested in the church. Yesterday he met with Pres Paez (The branch Pres) and he said he wants to serve a mission and go to the temple and is excited to be baptized on the 20th of July! Way cool! The work is progressing every day and little by little we are helping the Master Sheppard bring the lost sheep beck to the Fold. I love the gospel and this work!

Elder Nelson
I love this!

Zone Leader Shumway, he goes home tomorrow 
for surgery on his knee



No comments:

Post a Comment