Monday, March 18, 2013

February 26, 2013


Hello Everyone!

Wow what a week! We had a good week, we found 5 new investigators and it’s been so fun being able to teach them. On Tuesday, a truck ran a stop sign and hit me head on while I was riding my bike haha crazy right, the kid that hit me was super apologetic and nice, and don't worry, the bike protected me and I'M OKAY ha! The truck wasn't going very fast and I just bumped my knee and shoulder a bit! But kinda funny, then Saturday my companion got hit by a truck. He got sideswiped while he was on his bike, he's okay too! Everything is fine just kinda funny! Pres and sister Holm told us to "STOP IT" ha. We had a good week of work. We found this lady who met with the missionaries in Ohio and she loved the church, but when she was about to be baptized, she lost everything and then was forced to move to SC with her sister and for 3 years she has been waiting for the missionaries to come by again. We saw her on our way to another appointment which fell through. Her name is Martha and she told us "You weren't here to find my neighbors you came here to find me!" I feel that is the truth! Very cool lady and we are excited to work with her. The Lord gives people exactly what they need and if we are always following the spirit and being righteous, we could be the means of the Lord giving someone exactly what they need. I love this work. The Lord guides it, not the missionaries, the Lord Savior, Jesus Christ himself. One of my goals for my mission I set last night was I want to always "Keep the Spirit of the Master in Deed and Thought". President Nash of the seventy came and saw us yesterday and he talked about doing as the savior would do. My goal is to do as he would do by always keeping my Savior in my thoughts and heart, and doing as Alma 5 directs, let Christ shine through my countenance. I love my Savior. I love this work.

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment