Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013



Dear Friends and family:
buenos dias hermanos,

What a great week! So big news! My visa is here and I’m getting ready to leave soon. I’m being transferred for a few days down closer to the mission home area so when I fly out in the next few days I’ll be close! So I’ll be in Argentina in no time! I’m so excited! It’s going to be such a cool experience! I love Spartanburg! I’ll never forget this place. The people here are so cool! I love the branch and the people we are teaching, kind of sad to leave but I know the Lord needs me in Argentina right now! I love this gospel and I’m so excited to go teach such great people. I feel blessed to be able to have had time in Spartanburg teaching so much Spanish. One of my MTC buddies who is going to my same mission in ARG, is in Sumpter, SC right now and not teaching a ton in Spanish, but I only had 4 or 5 lessons in English this whole transfer and after we would teach them, we would pass them off as a referral to the english elders so I’m glad I got to do so much Spanish work here! It’s been over 75 degrees the past few days and I’ve loved it!!! No suit coat is so nice! Today is cold and raining so I’m back in the coat but that’s okay is guess! I decided I should probably talk more about my area in Spartanburg. So there are tons of little pockets packed with trailers and full of Hispanics. Mexicans, Hondurans, El Salvadorians, people from lots of places, and so we knock these areas and we find lots of people who hear the 1st lesson, and only a few who have us come back! But it’s very fun and cool. All of these pockets are spread across the stake of Greenville East, so when we bike sometimes we gotta bike long distances! It’s crazy but so fun. I’ve had a good time here and I’ve grown so much! I love this work. I need to invest myself more in it because it’s so important! I love you all!

Elder Nelson

Spartanburg Water Tower

Daily Planning with a bowl of cereal...of course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment