Sunday, March 17, 2013

February 18, 2013


Dear Friends and Family;


Wow...I sure Aint in Spokane no more! The South is so different! Palm trees, waffle houses EVERYWHERE!!! High humidity! but I love South Carolina so far. I flew from SLC to Atlanta and then on to Columbia SC. Right as we flew in I met the APs, and President and Sister Holm. Very cool people. I love pres Holm! I stayed at the mission home for two nights (mom you would love that house, it’s totally one you'd love) and went thru some orientation stuff. We went to the SC temple and saw that, we did an hour to tracting on tue with one of the trainers. I taught my 1st 1st lesson in English. So much fun. but on wed i got my companion Elder Christoffersen who is really cool, he is from Wyoming and we are in the Spanish branch called the Spartanburg 3rd branch in the Greenville stake. Right now I’m in Spartanburg, SC and teaching the gospel to the Hispanics in the area. Our ward covers the whole stake we are in because it’s a small Spanish branch so we have 4 Spanish elders covering half of the area. So fun living with 4 elders! We taught our top investigator on wed night. His name is Carlos, he’s from Mexico and he’s progressing very well. We have knocked lots of doors and talked to many people! We have a car but the 4 of us share it so every other day is a car day or bike day! I love working here. I’m loving the people. it snowed on Saturday like an inch and everyone freaked out cuz snow is so rare, so church was called off the next day ha, so i still haven't been to the branch yet. We have had two member dinner appointments. I love Mexican food and they make authentic Mexican food. I love it! I’m trying to rely on the spirit more for help in this work. I’m still working on picking up the flow of things but things are great, i love you all

- Elder Nelson

Elder Nelson with President and Sister Holm
February 12, 2013

Elder Nelson and his group of New Missionaries
in the Columbia South Carolina Mission
February 12, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment