Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27, 2013


This week was crazy! We had lots of logistic work to get done for the three people being baptized and a big Branch activity we had on Saturday. I did an exchange with my district leader, he’s cool, we got the baptismal interviews done and then elder Gilman and I were working to get the baptismal service ready. On Saturday, Paola, Venus and Miguel all were baptized! Very cool! I was blessed to have the opportunity to baptize for the first time and it was so spiritual. I Love these three people and I know they are doing the right thing. They are wonderful and are and will be great members for the work of the Lord. I’m happy. So happy, seeing those three be baptized that I love so much is so amazing. I know that it’s by the power of God, the Priesthood that they are made clean and free from sin. All three bore their testimony in Sacrament, Paola was great, she has progressed so much! She’ll be a great member, and Venus made me smile so much and she really has a testimony even at 9 years old. She chose me to baptize her and I was so thankful to be able to do that for her. I also baptized Miguel, he’s my amigito (Little Buddy) he bore his testimony and couldn’t say much because he was crying, he really knows its true! The Lord is blessing Cosquin, we baptized three and we had 6 investigators in church on Sunday all with fechas (Dates for baptism) I love seeing the growth not just in numbers but in spiritual strength in the branch. The activity was great. They made Locro which is a big soup full of all kinds of things, even parts of a cow’s stomach (which actually wasn’t as bad as you would think ;) ha) I love this branch! I love my Savior as well. He needed to suffer for us, and he could not do it without the Father. It’s such an example to us, because we cannot do anything without our Savior, Christ. I know that Christ is my Savior and I so often need him. I love this perfect gospel and I know I need every bit of it in my life. I’ve come to find for myself that I cannot pick and choose what parts of this gospel I want to live, its all of it that I must live, because of my goals and because I love my Father.

Elder Nelson



Elder Gilman and Elder Nelson with Paola and Venus just before their baptism!




With Miguel


After their baptisms! 

Mixing up the Locro with new member Carlos! yum yum!



Meeting with ward mission leader...The HERMANO CAMPOS!!!!!! haha in his prayer once he said he was thankful for the prophet..Gordon Monson ha hes a goofy guy! hes always saying stuff wrong!
He's great! I love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment