Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

This week was good! We are helping an investigator progress, his name is Adrian Rocha and his wife is a member and his daughter wants to be baptized who is 8, and she wants her dad to baptize her so he has a little interest in the church for that, so we are helping him. at first he was like, nah my life is crazy I have problems I don’t really have time for the church, and I remember I felt heartbroken that he felt he didn’t have time for the church when he needs it most, so I bore testimony to him that he will never find the peace he looks for without Jesus Christ and his church, and that now is when he needs it the most, and with as tear in his eye he said, okay we will go to church tomorrow, so now he has lots of interest in the church, now the challenge is meeting with him, he’s got a wild work schedule, so we miss appointments a lot because last min he’s off to work, so kind of stressful but we love him and helping him improve, so great is the gospel! I love this work! :)

Elder Nelson


Here is a little part of Jared's letter to his Dad today...

When I was in South Carolina I was in an area for a few days before I left to Argentina, I was in an area that was an hour or so away from the mission home. on a Sunday I was to report at the mission home to leave for Arg. I got a ride from my district leader and his companion to Irmo because that was their area and they brought me to the mission home, but before we ate dinner with a missionary couple who worked in the office of the mission. our district leader shared a spiritual thought after we ate and I will never forget it, he had us all close our eyes and envision the counsel in heaven, God presenting the plan, and stating that there would be a need for a sacrifice and a savior, and all of us getting quite, not wanting to play that role, but 1st one stood up and said ill go, I’ll do it, but I will also make sure that everyone gets home to the father, but all I want in the end is glory in my name. A few of us liked the idea a few of us no, then another stood up, our oldest brother, who we all knew loved us so so much he said ill go, I’ll do it, everyone can have their agency, I will provide the way, and in the end we will give all the glory to our Father... and as I was imagining in my mind in that moment, my love for my older brother, my savior, Jesus Christ grew so much, I love him and it really is something special that we have an older brother who loves us so much to take upon himself all of our pains so that we can live in the laws of mercy and escape the draining and hard laws of justice. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment